URL and link shorteners are helpful tools that transform long URLs into manageable links under 20 characters.
But there are a ton of options.
To help you find the best one, I’ve ranked and reviewed the leading and best link shorteners. These reviews are based on ease of use, features, support, pricing, and more.
Let’s get started.
Here’s my list of the best URL and link shorteners to use this year.
Best For Creating & Sharing Branded Links ($29 per month).
Rebrandly is a link management platform that helps you track, brand, shorten, and share short URLs using a custom domain name. It also lets you collaborate with multiple team members easily. Basically, you can create team-specific folders to collaborate and view a specific set of branded links without any confusion.
What’s more, it edits destination URLs and creates custom URL slugs. You can also create links with expiry and enable faster redirects.
Rebrandly is a complete platform to brand and manage links.
Here’s everything it can do for you:
- Branding – put your brand name on the links you share to enhance your brand’s visibility.
- Integrate – Integrate your links with your existing tools and workflows.
- Track – Monitor your complete social media and email marketing strategy.
Other than this, Rebrandly enables you to manage 404 traffic and SSL right from the dashboard. You can also connect and manage multiple custom domains with your branding. It also allows you to build and schedule custom traffic reports to send to the concerned teams.
- Deep Linking – Easily route traffic to a specific landing page. Or direct them to your mobile app based on device, language, location, and other factors.
- Link Retargeting – Easily add traffic to retargeting list AdWords, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also send retargeting pixels directly through branded links.
- Domain Management – Manage custom SSL, 404 redirect management, SSL, main domain redirect, and multiple domain names.
- this feature can we find at low cost and thanks for this
- Expedite the sign-up and sign-in process through a single sign-on (SSO).
- It offers use cases, product FAQs, and automatic updates.
- Powerful enterprise tool integration.
- Multiple access levels to manage large teams.
- Dedicated engineer support and email support.
Rebrandly offers five plans:Pricing:
- Free: $0 per month
- Sarter: $29 per month
- Pro: $69 per month
- Premium: $499 per month
- Enterprise: Custom Price
You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee with all the paid plans.
Best to Shorten Affiliate Links For Social Media ($29 per month).
Bit.ly is a custom link shortening and management platform based in New York. It enables you to create easily recognizable short links.
With bit.ly, you can gain access to deeper insights into 20 data points, including referring channels and geographics. This helps you make smarter, data-driven business decisions.
Bitly API and integration with over 700 apps let you automate and scale your workflow efficiently. You can also share custom short links in bulk via text messages and referral links to your affiliate channel. And to ensure absolute safety, Bit.ly encrypt all the links with HTTPS.
You can also replace bit.ly with custom names for better branding so your customers can recognize your business right away.
All in all, Bit.ly is most suitable for:
- Link management
- Creating branded links
- Creating mobile links
- Campaign management & analytics
- Auto Branding – Create custom links in bulk and get in-depth analytics about the performance of your content.
- Extensive Integrations – Integrate a multitude of business apps into your tech stack and workflow to keep things simple. You can also create mobile-friendly deep links through Sprinklr, HootSuite, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Powerful Analytics – Bit.ly’s real-time interactive dashboard tracks business-critical metrics like store visits, open-rate, and demographics.
- Generate QR codes for your custom links with powerful tracking features.
- Save per-character fees on SMS with shorter links.
- Track metrics like organic link share and overall performance of your content.
- It offers an extensive resource library and knowledge.
- Automate the delivery custom branded links at scale.
- Bitly API offers powerful security and flexibility through the OAuth2 authentication workflow.
Bitly offers three plans:
- Free: $0 per month
- Basic: $29 per month
- Customized: Quote-based plan
You can save up to 17% on an annual subscription.
Free Link Shortener For Small Businesses (Free).
TinyURL is a link-shortening platform that creates short aliases for lengthy URLs, making them easy to share and track.
TinyURL offers a cool link preview feature to review the final shortened link beforehand to avoid incorrect redirects. It also allows you to add a shortened link to the browser’s toolbar. After that, you can just simply click a button to shorten the link. You can also redirect to any page by creating a smaller URL.
That said, TinyURL doesn’t provide any advanced link tracking and management features.
- Clean User Interface – TinyURL offers a simple user interface. You just have to put the web link in the box and click on the “Make TinyURL” option. You’ll get your shortened URL right away.
- URL Types – It offers three URL types, including a long link, a short link, and a preview link.
- Generate an unlimited number of short links for free.
- Compatible with all popular platforms and web browsers.
- It automatically disables spam or illegal links.
- It creates custom links with your personal branding.
TinyURL is 100% free.
Best For Anyone Who Uses Hootsuite For Their Social Media Campaigns (Free).
Ow.ly is a link shortening tool that shortens URLs and tracks the incoming traffic from those links. It also creates tamper-proof custom links to drive traffic. You can also collaborate and give access to multiple team members to shorten links.
What’s more, Ow.ly allows you to track clicks in newsletters, Facebook, comments, and micro-sites.
To prevent phishing and malware, it checks all the links against Google’s Safe Browsing blacklist. On top of that, all the custom URLs are fully redirectable and indexable as per SEO best practices.
- In-depth Reports – Download in-depth data analytics reports in PDF and CSV file formats to share them externally.
- Track Campaigns – Track your campaigns on various parameters, including date ranges, click-through rate, and demographics.
- Hootsuite – Integration with Hootsuite helps you shorten the links while scheduling social media posts. Check out my full review of Hootsuite vs. Buffer for more detailed information.
- Add tracking to links via Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. You can also create custom analytics.
- You can also select link presets from multiple options if available.
- Track your social media performance.
- It also allows you to track the performance of your social media posts.
- Customize the name of shortened links with your personal branding.
You get free access to Ow.ly with all the Hootsuite plans, including the freemium plan. However, you get more advanced features with the paid plans.
Here are all the plans offered by Hootsuite:
- Freemium: $0 for up to 3 social profiles.
- Professional: $29 per month for up to 10 social profiles.
- Team: $129 per month for up to 20 social profiles.
- Business: $599 per month for up to 35 social profiles.
- Enterprise: quote-based plan
Best For Creating Automated Link Shortening Workflows (Free).
Zapier’s URL shortener automatically creates and saves short links, allowing you to create automated workflows. For instance, you can automatically shorten a link of a social media post and save it in Google Sheets simultaneously.
And if you want to share a link via SMS, Zapier’s URL shortener will automatically shorten your link. It also helps you save extra money on additional text characters.
Zapier also provides integration with over 2,000 applications, including Google Sheets, to add and post automatically shortened URLs.
- Automated Links – Add Zapier URL shortener in any workflow, and it will take automatically care of shortened links and tracking parameters.
- Extensive Integration – It offers integration with over 2000 applications, including social media apps, Google docs, email marketing tools, and survey forms.
- Unlimited Links – It comes bundled with Zapier for free. You can create an unlimited number of shortened links.
- The free plan provides integration with 100 tasks per month.
- Include shortened links to personalized messages and emailers.
- Track the performance of links on different data points, including demographics and link clicks.
- It provides quick email support.
- You can also get personalized assistance by hiring a Zapier Expert.
Zapier’s URL shortener comes for free with all the Zapier plans.